You Say “What is Wrong with Me”?
|Fall is coming Now that the summer has ended, and the days have started to get shorter, you should be preparing your home for the coming winter season. It’s also a great time to get a professional AmeriSpec® home inspection, as the results can inform you about the components in and around your home.
Foundation – Masonry – Exterior
* Check foundation walls, floors, concrete and masonry for cracking, heaving or deterioration
* Check chimneys for loose, deteriorated or missing mortar
* Check gutters
Roofs * Check flashings around all vents, skylights and other openings
* Trim back all tree limbs and vegetation away from home
Heating and Cooling
* Lubricate fan and motor bearings
* Check fan belt tension
* Have well water tested and checked for safety
* Winterize any exterior plumbing connections
Doors and Windows
* Check for loose or missing glazing putty
* Check caulking for deterioration of all openings and joints between wood and masonry
* Check weather-stripping
It’s important for you to review the above suggestions, and contact a certified home inspector if you wish to have a thorough visual examination of your property.
This information provided by: