≡ Menu

The Tax Man Comes- Present Your Case

My Owner Says What?

Now that you have all your home value comparables and are ready to submit your information to the Gwinnett County Tax Assessor, use a Georgia Form # PT-50R. Go to  assessor@gwinnettcounty.comto find the form or phone your REALTOR. It is only one page long and includes room for you to state why you say your home’s value has fallen. Mail or take the form and it’s supporting documents to the tax commissioner. It is best to hand carry the information to 75 Langley Drive, Lawrenceville, GA., and ask for a receipt. The same can be said for mail(return receipt requested). Remember all the time you spent compiling the supporting doc’s, so don’t short yourself at the end and don’t expect that your form cannot be lost or misplaced because it can be lost or misplaced. This form can be filed anytime before April 1, 2012. All is not lost if you do not file your request. You can use form PT311A to protest your assessment once you receive it this coming summer. Why wait, file in January when the tax assessor’s office is not as busy.  Good luck!
Need some help: Email: EARL@EARLPARK.NET

{ 0 comments… add one }