≡ Menu

The Real Estate Tax Man Wants Your Money


You just paid your property taxes for 2011. Now the 2012 Value of your home is being determined by your county tax assessor. Want to give your input? If so, beginning January 1, 2012, you can file a property tax return with your county tax assessor. This return will be your estimate of your property’s value as of January 1, 2012. Your estimate has to be valid and you have to present your proof of value. Remember, the county knows real estate values went down along with tax collections. So what did your tax assessor do to keep the tax money coming in? In many counties, theye raised the tax rate rates, known as millage rates to compensate for the fall in tax monies received.  If your assessor did not lower your property’s value, but raised the tax rate,  then you will be paying more in property taxes than before. What can an owner do? Again, advise your tax assessor of your current home’s value as of January 1, 2012. 

Need a home to pay taxes on? Email Earl: EARL@EARLPARK.NET

{ 0 comments… add one }